10.5.14

Bead soup

Hello lovely people and welcome to my Bead Soup Post, firstly I would like to thank our fabulous host Lori who has been totally amazing managing to set this all up even with every thing she is going through she is an inspiration to us all, and second I would like to thank my wonderful partner Kristina for sending me such a lovely soup and being a wonderful partner!

As seems to be tradition with these soups I got most of the work done last minute even when they are put back, quiet literally I finished my pieces at midnight and have only just finished photoing!

So I should properly start off by showing you what I got sent....


Aren't the colours beautiful! My first thoughts were to wire wrap the focal and hang it off a simple chain but that did not work (my wire wrapping skills are not as good as I had hoped) so in frustration I put it back in the bowl and started playing with the clasp instead....



Never one to do some thing easy and liking to be different I decided to use the clasp as a focal, I flipped it over, hammered a texture onto it, then popped it into the liver of sulphur and buffed it up, added a few amazonite beads, a lampwork spacer by the very talented Laura Sparling and a tiny ball chain (here is another photo as I don't really like this one on the white background)....


So back to my focal and I just kept thinking how lovely it looked with the light shinning through it and it would be such a shame to put it on a necklace as you would not get to see that, this thinking lead me to the idea of making it into a sun catcher!!! Then I saw the beautiful card that Kristina sent with my soup and inspiration struck....


How cute are these owls! 
Well we have been having a problem with mess maker having night terrors, to the point where bedtime is just full of stress for all of us, so maybe instead of a sun catcher how about a dream catcher?
I sawed out a little owl shape and added the detail using a mini flat head screwdriver and a hammer (this was a lot of fun and I will defiantly be doing this again!)


I talked the idea of dream catchers through with mess maker and then she informed me of how this will work (she has such a great imagination and loves explaining things)! If she has any nightmares then the owl with catch them and fly them away while she sleeps and if she has any good dreams they will get caught in the bead so they stay with her and she can have them ones again, how sweet is that! 


We will be trying it out tonight, It will hang from the bottom of her bunkbed so in the morning it will still act as a sun catcher, keep your fingers crossed for us please. I also made up these too...



I used one of the green spacers and the lovely stripy green bead in this bracelet along with a butterfly by Mandrel beads and clasp and wingding by The Fab Genea, I made the copper hoop from Cindy Wimmers missing link book and gave it a salt water patina and then added a little hammered copper lentil bead, I do like this bracelet it's very me, an eclectic mix of lovelies that is great for fiddling around with. I also made a pair of earrings....

With the headpins and a couple of the spacers, simply hung on my fancy ear wires and I still have plenty of leftovers to play around with, Please do go visit my increadbly talented partner Kristina, I just had a peep at what she had made and WOW you will not want to miss it!!!

I hope you all have an amazing day and enjoy the hop!

10 comments:

Popular Posts