14.4.11

A-Z Blog Challenge part J

J
of course has to be for....
Jewellery
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jewellery or jewelry is a form of personal adornment, manifesting itself as necklaces, rings, brooches, earrings and bracelets. Jewellery may be made from any material, usually gemstones, precious metals or shells. Factors affecting the choice of materials include cultural differences and the availability of the materials. Jewellery may be appreciated because of its material properties, its patterns or for meaningful symbols. Jewellery differs from other items of personal adornment in that it has no other purpose than to look appealing.
The word jewellery is derived from the word jewel, which was Anglicised from the Old French "jouel" circa the 13th century. Further tracing leads back to the Latin word "jocale", meaning plaything. Jewellery is one of the oldest forms of body adornment; recently-found 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells are thought to be the oldest known jewellery.

So to show you what I made....


My very first ring! 

I stumbled across a great site called Jewelery Lessons and saw this tutorial for Rivoli button ring by Diana-E made from a crystal button and some wire and I happened to have those things on my desk I was just missing a ring mandrel (the reason I have not tried ring making before), but with a bit of luck I managed to find something the same thickness as my finger that would work (the handle of my hammer) and bish, bash, bosh job done!


It was really easy to make and of course I had to make a few slight changes (I have never been good at following tutorials and ALWAYS end up changing something) It's very bling and quiet hard to photograph well but I really like it!

Now here is my Esty lotto wish list....


These pieces are beond beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Your talents continue to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These are awesome.

    I'm a new follower from the A-Z challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo so pretty! I wish I could make something like that. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts