17.9.11

Bead Soup Blog Party

Wooohoooo Welcome to my bead soup post.

I would like to start by saying a HUGE thank you firstly to The Lovely Lori Anderson for all the hard work she has put into making the bead soup happen (Lori you are fantastic) and secondly to my amazing and wonderfully talented partner Natalie Monkivitch who sent me such beautiful treasures....


The focal and the clasp tho stunning were a real change for me because I don't normally use such big pieces, but hey I signed up for a challenge and thats what I got!

I completely fell in love with this focal/work of art (she has the most beautiful feathers on her bum and such sweet bows), and she sat beautifully on my desk for what seemed like ages whispering about pearls, black lace and seed beads....


 Until I finally gave in to her request and attempted seed beading (hats off to all you seed beaders out there because it is hard work). 


I added pearls to match the colors in her outfit and faceted labradorite because you know I need sparkle then finished her off with a bit of ribbon....


I decided to use the clasp in a bracelet but knew it would be quiet a challenge as normally I make my own clasps and they are normally alot smaller, a big bold clasp needed a big bold bracelet, and here is what I came up with....


I sawed the hoop off the clasp and used it at an angle which then made the pattern on it look like hearts, So I ran with that as a theme....


Throw in a couple of lamp work beads (by Laura Sparling) and lots of silver wire and a dash of liver of sulphur and there you have it my idea of a big bold bracelet.

I had a few pieces left so made these too....


As my regular readers may have guessed I like making earrings (even tho I rarely wear them)....


and I love chainmaille, I have a few of these large beads left so will have to make up some more charms (they feel so lovely in your hand) and I still have my "extras" left to play with so I'm a very happy bunny.

Click here to see what Nat made with what I sent her.

To see what the other fantastic people in the blog hop made head on over to the official bead soup page, go on you know you want to!

Have a great day
xxx


Popular Posts