7.10.11

What to do next....

I have been trying very hard not to buy jewelry supplies for the last couple of weeks and instead save the money to use at The Big Bead Show at Sandown race course on 15th which means very limited making :(

One thing I did have to play with was some fimo and here is my first attempt at making a cane and a couple of beads made from said cane....


It took forever to sand my little finger prints out of the clay but they now feel oh so smooth!
Today my cousin and sister visited, I have been trying to pass on my love for beads/jewellery to someone (other then mess maker who has taken to hiding my beads) and it seems to have worked on my cousin who brought with her a vast amount of jewelry making stuffs and I ended up showing them how to make bracelets....


These first three are what my cousin made....
(check out my latest charity shop star buy, a beautiful Carlton Ware bowl, it has a few chips but hey its over 100 years old and makes a beautiful bead bowl and all for £1)


Alot better then my first attempts, how cute dose that dragonfly look.
(The wooden box is also a recent buy from a charity shop, a bit battered but I love the iron fittings on it, it also has a massive iron hook on the top, I think it is an old indian spice box)???


Lesson one was opening and closing jump rings and wire wrapping headpins, the next three are what my sister made....


Nope, the wood was not brought from a charity shop this lovely chunk of drift wood used to live with my mum in her lizard tank (don't worry it was throughly scrubbed clean)


I really like the look of that key


Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm eagerly looking for another project to keep me out of mischief, off of etsy and out of supply shops, so there is no telling what I might show you next???

xxx


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the fimo! That is really cool. And, the jewelry is great, but I had a hard time looking at it, as I was drooling over the bowl and box! I love old stuff like that. So exciting sharing your passion with someone, isn't it? Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Niky. A find too :-) someone else who likes Carlton.
    You might want to come and help dig the garden... loads of old keys out there. It makes me wonder what happened to all the doors :-)Have fun at Sandown :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute jewelry! i love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts