13.5.12


Today is the reveil day of the Button swap blog hop hosted by Cindy Wimmer of Sweet Bead Studio I was incredably fortunate to be partnered with the lovely bead queen Lori Anderson, who sent me these little treasures....

 How sweet is this little bouquet mess maker fell in love with it instantly!

 There were lots and lots of vintage buttons to work with, the very large red button has been claimed by mess maker and is to be made into some sort of pin because it 'matches her red dress' so watch this space.

and this cute little fish button

I thought that this was going to be quiet an easy challenge but I was really stuck for ideas, so what do you do when you don't know what to do? Try something new....

My first ever attempt at a bead (and button) embroidered cuff

 I really enjoyed making this even tho it took forever and thought I was doing quiet well until the other half asked why I was making a book mark! Still I will defiantly try this again I might even plan what I'm going to do before I start next time.

Many thanks to Cindy for arranging the hop and to the Lovely Lori for sending such a wonderful selection of buttons for me to work with, hope you enjoy the hop....


 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)



19 comments:

  1. What a sweet bouquet from Lori - I've been wanting to try and make one of with my colorful buttons as well! You are amazing, taking on a new challenge like an embroidered cuff. One day I'd like to try one, but I realize they are very time consuming. Yours turned out beautifully - you sure framed that blue button absolutely perfectly with the beadwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nky, you always make beautiful pieces, and you didn't disappoint this time either! I love all the goodies Lori sent you, that bouquet is a wonderful idea! I'm stunned that this is your first bead embroidery, it is just gorgeous! Have an awesome Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just starting hopping and I'm thrilled that you decided to do something you've never done before -- I would NEVER have known you hadn't done this sort of work before. And thanks for being kind about my first attempt at a button bouquet! I hope you don't mind I snagged your photo since I was so stressed I forgot to snap a shot.

    THANK YOU for being such a generous partner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely beadwork on the cuff - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very impressive for a first attempt. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work that cuff is going to be so much fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a superb job for your first attempt!! i love the colors in this cuff!! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cool cuff! Love the colors of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the button bouquet and you did such a good job on your cuff, especially since it was your first time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet little bouquet !! and that cuff is so pretty - just love it, and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Find a book and bop the better half on head lightly....the cuff is so wonderful!! I am slowly learning to work with beads so it very much intrigues me! Oh it is beautiful..love the color too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your cuff is GORGEOUS (and my favorite color, so you had me at Tiffany blue ;) AND I love what you received as well - sounds like such a great swap - hope it's a blast.
    AND thank you for your sweet Mother's day comments, I hope yours was wonderful, xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, that's your FIRST attempt!? IMPRESSIVE to say the least! It's a beautiful cuff and how lucky were you to get Miss Lori as a partner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your cuff turned out! It looks so pretty, reminds me of blue and white Delft china I have seen. I just love the colors! this button swap has been so fun, everyone is so creative it makes me want to try all kinds of new things with my button collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful buttons you received! That color bouquet is darling, and your gorgeous cuff makes me think of a seaside retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty challenge! Love what ou have done with those pretty jewels.

    I have been out from blogland for a good couple of months, but I think I am back, now for real.
    I have missed so much during this time! For instance that you are expecting a baby!! Wow, congratulations! I am sure you are thrilled. I hope everyhing goes well with the baby and everything else.
    By the way, your girls look so pretty! I can't believe how much have they grown. The older one is such a beauty.

    I will see you around. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow-- what great buttons!!! They're all cute and special, but OMGTHEFISHIE!!!! :)

    Like others, I wouldn't have known that you hadn't done the cuff before. The beads and buttons go perfectly together, and of course I love the color <3

    Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. You must be a natural, that is an impressive first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely rainbow of vintage buttons, great inspiration thee. A rainbow of cuffs? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts