6.1.13

Focus On Life: Week One - Self Portrait



Late as always, Yesterday you may have noticed the blogosphire go mad with self portraits (well the blogs I follow did) The multi talented Sally Russick of Studio Sublime is hosting a "focus on life" 52 photos challenge so I decided to join in with the fun (this may will actually make me blog more often)
Each week we get a Photo prompt and have one week to take a photo inspired by the prompt, I love the idea of this. So week one, self portrait surely the hardest (lets face it, it is really hard to find a photo of yourself that you like let alone take it yourself).

Week One, Self Portrait......


This is me

OK so in need of a hair cut and after what seemed like ages snapping away in front of the computer this was the best I can do, one of the rare moments (because it was way past midnight) where I don't have the baby in my arms, unlike now as I attempt to sit, type and be an entertaining chew toy. 

Have a great day

Niky x

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure you could have had the baby in the protrait.. As it is really part of the real you at this point in your life! I like your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fine portrait.You look hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I had to giggle since recently I went to try and find a picture of myself (before this project) and I could not find one in the last two years where I wasn't squeezing my own little one or a friend's. In the end I had to crop a newborn out! So, I get it. Hooray for having a moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black and white photos. This one of you is great! If my mother saw you she would gasp a the thought of you cutting your lovely locks. She gave me a scolding every time I got even a trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For being way past midnight and the Mom of a little one, I think you look terrific! Great shot! Gald you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niky, you captured a beautiful self-portrait your eyes are smiling and your hair looks gorgeous! I remember those days when you just wanted a moment to take a breath. Most of the time those moments came after midnight!

    P.S. I have the same smart looking glasses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a wonderful portrait. I wouldn't have believed it was after midnight. Your eyes look so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shot of you! Beautiful girl (or should I say woman)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous photo! why does black and white make all the difference??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a gorgeous lady! You're not the only late one, I'm late hopping over here. sigh. . .Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts