30.3.13

Bead soup is served....




It is finally here the day of the reveal, I was still playing with my soup right up until midnight last night and have only just finished editing the photos minutes before writing this post!

Here is a reminder of the ingredients the lovely Maddison sent for me....




I had so many ideas but a lot of them were not as successful as I had hoped, I was going to use the clasp, connectors and the pink banded agate all in one black and hot pink bracelet but no matter how I put them together I could not get the look I wanted so I made this instead....

I love this bracelet! I got the black and flower theme from the clasp and added some goldstone for sparkle, some beaded beads that I made after watching Malin de Koning's tutorial a white rose from Gaea and this really cute little bronze heart from THEAtoo.
Then I went on to make this from the rose quartz and moss agate....

The lampwork daisy bead is from beads by Laura and the cute daisy clasp on the back....


Is of course by my fave Daisychain Extra, I even made mismatched earrings to match, if that is even possible??!






And then there was the focal, and that's where every thing started to go wrong!!!

I wanted to use the focal as the centre of a beaded cuff with embroidered leaves either side I had it all planed out and then when I tried to cut off the wire bail from the back I was a tad heavy handed and the piece broke!!!! Not good, so I supper glued it back together but then the glue dried cloudy, when I email Maddison with the bad news she kindly told me that it could be re stuck with a heat gun (why did I not think of that) so I gave that a go but unfortunately the supper glue did not like that and it went all erm well textured and even more cloudy, but I was determined not to be beat, so I gave it a lick of paint and made it into this....




I chose the flowered paper because it reminded me of what the focal looked like before I ruined it


Sorry I ruined the focal Maddison, but hopefully you like the other things I made, now why not hop along and see what every one else made....


Have a fantastic day x

Popular Posts