21.11.14

We're All Ears - November Reveal

As soon as I saw the inspiration post on the Earrings Everyday blog for November I knew I wanted to join in! I have always had a love of fairytale and magical creatures and the Nebula animation is just amazing (seriously you need to watch it)....


Instantly I was drawn to the magical creature and the glowing water! So I wanted to do some thing inspired by that.


I really wanted to use moonstones, white with that beautiful blue glow that would have been perfect but I did not have any to hand, I did how ever have some rose cut chalcedony that would work well.....


I started by making some feather headpins (I would have liked these bigger and alot fancier but I'm still very new to sawing shapes and was not feeling overly confident at this point) I then made an open back prong setting for the chalcedony and decided to use these as the ear wires. I was unsure about using the lampwork beads and decided against it in the end, trying to keep the design simple and sleek like the creature, and after a bit of a play heres what I came up with....


I love the way the open back setting of the chalcedony lets the light shine through the stones, I may have to try making some more stone set earwires.


The feathers are't amazing but I am happy with them as a first attempt.


So there you go, I rather like them, but I really do want to try and make a moonstone pair with better feathers! Thank you so much Erin for the fantastic inspiration.

Have a great day you lovely people xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts