30.6.15

AJE COM Theme: Fireflies

Today is the reveal day for Art Jewelry Element themed component of the month and our theme... Fireflies. Unfortunately I have never seen a firefly, we don't get them where I live, but I imagine they would be a wonderful and magical sight, rather dreamy and fairy like!


My idea was to make a mixed metal bead, copper and silver with a touch of sparkle from a little tear drop yellow sapphire.....


While it did not turn out exactly as I wanted it (I wanted to add silver grass but just could not get it to look right) I do really like it. 


It definitely did need a touch more silver tho, maybe I will try again with the grass or two fireflies next time? 


I really enjoyed making this piece tho and shall try a few more beads like this!!! Thanks Jen for the wonderful challenge! I hope you will join me visiting the other participants to see what everyone else created.... 

Guest Designers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts