30.9.18

September Theme Challenge Reveal – Fairy

I love fairies! For me they are the epitome of magic, but I really struggled with creating something this month. It was not through lack of ideas, I had a wonderful old lantern that I was going to make into a fairy lantern....


This was a really grubby old find from a charity shop, I washed it up, cut out fairy silhouettes from black paper and stuck them inside the glass but it was not looking right so I had a meltdown and scrubbed it off!
I then had the idea that I would make a fairy themed book, like something from the tv series Grimm, but I could not even decide on a design! 
Or a fairy garden, with a house made the same way as I made those mini bird houses, but No!

See the issue I am struggling with is lack of desire to create, I get like this when ever I am sad, and my oldest has just moved out to go to Uni, which is great for her and an amazing opportunity but I am missing her like crazy and she's not able to come home until christmas which seems like a long time away and it is showing in my lack of creating!

But I decided last minute the best way to get out of this is to just to do it, just make something!
so I headed to the local art shop to see what was inspiring....


And ended up buying some more water colour paints, but these sparkle! I love sparkles, So with these in hand and not a clue what to do I turned to the book Creative Girl by Danielle Donaldson (I also have her The Art of Creative Watercolor but I found this one less intimidating as it is mixed media and I still don't have much of an idea how to work watercolours). 


Inspired by her tutu girl project I came up with this....


While it is not perfect I did learn ALOT from this piece like Daniel Smith Cascade Green is the best colour ever (well that and Schmincke Helio Turquoise), I throughly enjoy mixing up colours and you can not pencil over the shimmer paints as they have a PVC type consistency when dry, but they do look great!


Heres a bad lighting shot so you can see the sparkle in her wings! 
Thank you Caroline for pushing me out of a creative rut, and hopefully I will be able to create some of the other ideas I have had!
Please do join me exploring what the other participants have created....

Guest Artists
VicDivya

Allyson 
Kathy 
Tammy 
Kimberly 
Hope 
Alison 
Cat 
Sarah  

Art Elements Team 
Jen
Jenny  

Niky 
Laney
Claire
Cathy
Marsha 

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts