30.5.19

Art Elements, May Theme Challenge Reveal – Forest

Thanks so much Sue for a wonderful challenge, I really enjoyed it. I took the children out exploring some of the local woods for inspiration, we had a picnic lunch and really made a day of it!


and I had sooooooo many plans....


I got out all of my art beads, I even drew up several plans - see the Laura Mears wolf eyes? they were going to be set in metal clay twigs in a prong style setting with the surrounding beads. The owl face bead was going to be wire wrapped into a hair fork and the beautiful orange fox cab by Lesley Watt was going to be mounted on metal to make a pin for my coat. But alas I ran out of month before I even got properly started! But I do have a couple of works in progress.....


This charming hedgehog cab by Caroline shall be set on a metal plate and held in place by little oak leaves and the lovely brass oak leaf by Lesley shall be stiched in place with thread to match the binding (my first attempt at a long stitch binding).


I planned the same sort of thing for this lovely fox cab by Jenny but this book is filled with water colour paper.... still a work in progress!



The only thing I did manage to get finished were these feather and twig paintbrushes, these work really well for super thin lines and are really easy to make!

Please do join me on the hop to see what everyone else has created

Guests


AE Team



12 comments:

  1. The month really did disappear quickly! But I love the direction you're going with your leather sketchbooks! These are going to be fabulous. But I really want to know more about those paintbrushes! Please tell me you're doing a tutorial for your next blog post-please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your stash of beads are amazing! It took me a few seconds to find the wolf eyes - but I love that layout - once I found them looking at me.

    I love the ideas of placing the beads on the leather covers - something different to use your beads.

    The paintbrushes are cool - like the natural look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh....! I have to steal the brush and feather idea from you! Such a wonderful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to see what you create with the cabs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much choice and so little tine - I understand completely. Love the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fab day out in the forest!! I really REALLY love those brushes you have created, I have done some ink pens with bamboo but never tried adding a feather, I am going to give that play :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your paint brushes are absolutely original and simply stunning! I love your concept and just having those as your finished project is worthy! No need to apologize :) ... Alysen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent beginnings! The picture of all your beads together are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1/6/19

      * is so inspiring. ;)

      Delete
  9. A picnic in the forest sounds perfect. I love all the ideas you described for those components and look forward to seeing them when you have time to work on them. The paint brushes are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Niky - I'm glad you had a great picnic! Love your art beads! Brushes are really cool as are books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love your ideas for the sketchbooks, can't wait to see those finished. The paintbrushes are amazing too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts