16.7.10

Time for a midsummer dream party




I'm posting early because I have been informed we are going away for the weekend!

"Share pictures and tell the tale of your adventure. How did the dream begin? What has kept you from making the project a reality until now?"

There are sooooo many things I would love to/dream of making, lots of pieces of jewellery that I just dont have the nesasary skills as yet to make or am just lacking in confidence to start, But what I really wanted to do was not to make a piece of jewellery (I'm building up quiet a collection) What I really wanted to do was to build my own web site. I tried a gave up a few times but after joining A midsummer night's secret dream party has provided the kick up the bum that I needed to keep me trying and now I'm almost there!

I started making jewellery after reading an article on metal clay, it seemed very easy to use and I really needed a hobby as I had just given up working full time to spend more time with my baby and the amount of spare time I suddenly had on my hands was shocking.

I have now been making and selling jewellery for about a year (mostly to friends and family) and have had so much fun doing it.

What put me off having a web site was my lack of knowage about how to go about it and then when I looked into it a bit more the costs seemed very steep, but luckily, when I was in a chat forum for Making Jewellery a lovely lady posted a link to a web site that was easy to use and best of all free, Suddenly it was a possibility, but I'm really not good with computers so started and gave up when it got difficult. I've gone back and tried again though....

Now it's not great and very much a work in progress, it only has two pairs of earrings in it even but it's a start.

Now I have my own web site......

 

Welcome

Picture
Handcrafted sterling silver one of a kind jewellery.

Made by Niky.

For past work check out my Gallery.


Site is still a work in progress!



This has been one of the first steps, next I really want my own hallmark and then I would love to have a stall at a craft fair!!!!! 
Many thanks to Kelly at A Stuffed Life for the kick in the pants and I look forward to reading and seeing all the other creations, I might even be reading while wearing fancy dress xxx 



10 comments:

  1. Just dropped by for the party. Well done on the site :o) I have a degree in computer science, including programming, and didn't like doing one for my business lol Good to bite the bullet though, hope it brings you many sales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/7/10

    Congratulations! This is a wonderful dream and even when times get tough, definitely worth pursuing.
    You work is beautiful. I also love working with clay, all sorts, but have not had the nerve to "go for it." You have made a giant leap of faith. Keep the momentum going!
    As for the craft fair stall - do not hesitate at all. You will have a great time, meet other creative and friendly people and be very glad you do it. If you want, start at a small event, one supporting a good cause, Lions or Elks club, a local fire dept. or school.
    It will get into your blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dreaming Kick-in-the-pants style, Me too!
    So impressed that you didn't give up. Beautiful dream.

    Thank you so much for sharing. Often the first leap of faith is the hardest - yet the most rewarding.

    Tootles,
    FawnDear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous17/7/10

    Yay! You're off to a great start! Many wonderful things will happen now, I'm sure. It's very liberating, getting our dreams out there, isn't it?

    Enjoy the adventure...

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi !
    You really made your own dream come true and that is wonderfull !
    A couple of years ago, I had the same dream. Many people I knew had homepages, and I said to myself "what others can, I can do too" so on a saturdaymorning, still in my PJ's I started and by 3 in the afternoon, I was still in my PJ's but had a homepage online. Now, several years later, I still like fiddling around and making new designs... (if you like cats and are interested in my homepage, take a look www.insomniacattery.com)
    I know your love for jewelry and making of it will show you a great way around the world and selling it to lovely people.

    Thanks for sharing your story !
    Best wishes,
    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the website!!Its really lovely as is your silver pieces.Really unique!Warmest Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every girl from 9-90 needs a fancy dress! Your website is going to be magical and successful!

    Thank you for being part of the party!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your website! It (and your other work) looks amazing.

    Surviving Grannie's Guide

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your site and thanks for sharing your dream with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kelly for hosting such a wonderful party, Thanks every body for there kind words and thanks to every one who joined in I had a great time checking out all the blogs and wonderful creations, and now have about a million other dream pieces I now want to make. So watch this space....

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts