12.8.11

Most expensive to date....

Do you ever have an idea for a bit of jewellery of a craft item and keep putting it off because you know it will cost silly amounts to make? Well here's mine....


I have wanted to make this for ages but knew it would take hundreds of silver rings to make, almost 500 to be exact (the reason I don't make chainmaille necklaces), but in my head (and sketch book)I had already committed the beads to this design and could not possibly use them for any thing else, it seemed such a waste, them just sitting there, in there lonely little pot....


So enough feeble excuses, I just had to make this piece!


(I'm sure that I don't need to tell you that these beads are by the lovely Laura)



So now it has to go sit in another little pot with all my other bits too wait to be sent off for hallmarking.

Hmmmm now what to call it.............
XXX



2 comments:

  1. Oh I know how much time that took, having made a fair amount of chain maille myself! VERY well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous piece! you should submit it to one of the beading and jewelry magazins for consideration for their next issue! I know Bead Trends facebook page is always tossing out invites for people to submit their work :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts