30.11.11

Oak Leaf Challenge

I was so excited when I saw Jo of Daisychain Jewellery was hosting a challenge. 
Jo sent five very lucky people (me included) a beautiful handmade oak leaf clasp to make in to something beautiful, as simple as that.


I was going to make a beautiful seed bead bracelet, with a beautiful lamp work butterfly bead and even got as far as completing the seed bead part but when I started to cut a couple of jump rings for it I saw this on etsy...


Then one thing lead to another and I got a little carried away with a completly diffrent idea. 4 meters of copper wire, sore fingers, well over 100 jump rings and a wire wrapped lamp work bead later and my seed bead bracelet ended up changing into this....

Oak Chainmaille Necklace

And this is what it looks like on....


I completely love it!

This really is a budget necklace, the bead cost £1 from the big bead show, the 1mm copper wire cost £3 including p&p from ebay and the beautiful handmade oak leaf clasps are available from Jo's wonderful etsy shop Daisychain extra for £7.50 (bargain), so it cost me £4 in total (£11.50 if I had brought the clasp).

It would make a great christmas present, but I think I'll keep it.

A huge thank you to Jo for her genorostiy, I really enjoyed the challenge.

Please take a moment to see what he other lucky people came up with....

The people taking part in the Oak Leaf Challenge are:



Jo Tinley                              Daisychain Designs


Melissa Meman                Art, Life, Love


Amber Boorman              Larksong Studio


Kimberley Roberts          Bahama Dawn


Rebecca Anderson          Songbeads



Have a great day
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I agree! I love the colour combination. I changed my idea to copper and blue as well! They really work well together, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Niky! That is so beautiful - I love it! Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job and the clasp looks perfect for the bead and the amazing chain maille
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! I think my neck would snap in half before I could get all those jump rings together. The clasp is just perfect with the acorn-inspired focal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally gorgeous! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should completely LOVE that!!! it is beautiful!!!! i hope mine comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! wow, you must have sooo much patience...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, love the contrast of the copper and the blue of the lampwork glass. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts