14.4.12

Flap Your Wings



Today I am joining in with Tania of Grace Designs blog hop, Flap Your Wings In memory of Judy Glende an amazing artist and much treasured member of the beading community, while I did not know Judy I feel strongly for all those that battle with cancer and there friends and family who offer much needed love and support.


I ended up making a piece that is typically me, after setting out not to do so, but I really like it! 
The stunning lampwork bead is by Becky at Chameleon Designs and really is so beautiful, it has two black outlined butterflies (one either side) high lighted with with little flickers of gold, it has been partially etched so that the butterflies act as windows and you can see through them to the centre of the bead which contains iridescent glitter, every single sterling silver ring has been hand cut by myself and then weaved into a barrel chainmaille pattern and it has been finished off with a lovely silver daisy clasp made by the fantastic Joanne of Daisy Chain Extra.


I have decided to hold a draw this bracelet with the proceeds going to Macmillan Cancer Support. While I was working in care I had to visit their hospital in London with one of my residents and was very impressed with the great work they do.

Everyone who donates on my Just Giving page before 5th May 2012 will be entered into a draw to win my Flap your wings bracelet. If I raise over my target I will also make a second prize!

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you all have a wonderful day

xxx


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great chainmaille pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niky, you always do beautiful work, and you did it again! That butterfly bead is just stunning, and it sets off your chainmaille to perfection. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chainmaille is mesmerizing, and the butterfly lampwork is beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I missed this! I love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts