31.5.12

Challenge of Literature Blog Hop


I LOVE books, completely and utterly, it's a passion that I got from my Granddad who fuelled my addiction through out many years, so when I saw Erin of Treasures Found was hosting a Challenge of Literature I knew I wanted to give it a try!


The idea was to use a book to inspire us to create a piece of jewellery, Sounds easy right? Wrong! Soooo many books to choose from!

I decided to take what I thought would be the easy route and get inspiration from the book I have been reading most recently....


This is the book I have been reading mess maker every night at bedtime The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton (mess maker loves books as much as I do if not more and refures to her window ledge in her room as her library)! 

The story is about 3 children that move to the country side and find an enchanted tree in the middle of the woods, the tree has all sorts of magical folk living in it and its top most branches reach through the clouds to magical ever changing lands such as the land of treats, where they have all sorts of wonderful adventures and get into quite a bit of trouble!

Now I had such wonderful ideas for a necklace filled with charms of fairy's, owls, rabbits, leaves but as is more often then not the case I left it to late to realise this dream so had to think smaller scale and so I came up with this....


A tiny tree of life pendent for mess maker, This was a third attempt and I'm still not 100% happy with it (It would seem neat freaks are not very good at making old gnarly looking trees).


And it seems I have made a rod for my own back as now she has decided that she would also like a Dorothy from the wizard of oz necklace as well.


How can I say no to that smile?

I hope you will take a look at what everyone else came up with....

Erin Prais-Hintz
Rebecca Anderson
Rose Binoya
Lori Bowring Michaud
Shannon Chomanszuk
Marlene Cupo
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Kim Dworak
Beth Emery
Therese Frank
Amy Freeland
K Hutchinson
Jennifer Justman
Susan Kennedy
Linda Landig
Lisa Lodge
Lisa Lowe
Kirsi Luostarinen
Beth McCord
Melissa Meman
Sharon Misuraco
Tracey Nanstad
Melinda Orr
Kashmira Patel
Alice Peterson
Sally Russick
Niky Sayers
Pam Sears
Amy Severino
Tracy Stillman
Emma Todd
Melissa Trudinger
Lesley Watt
Shai Williams


Have a great day

xxx



18 comments:

  1. awwww what a sweet necklace for a sweet little gal! So lovely! Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I missed another blog hop! I must get back ASAP!
    I have to say that even though you did a nice job with that tree of life, your little one eclipses it. She is adorable!!
    You wouldn't call her mess maker by this picture, but rather litlle princess charming or something of the sort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mess Maker is a doll! And yes, how can you refuse that sweet smile!? But I fear you have started something here. You may be making a piece for every book you read to her. But then that is not necessarily a bad thing. After all, she'll have special gifts from your hands to pass down to her own children. What a story that would make.

    Your Tree of Life is lovely. I don't think you need to change a thing. Besides, Mess Maker thinks its just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - i love what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you are inspiring a love of reading in your 'Mess Maker'. And I agree with Alice. You are going to have to make her a piece of jewelry to fit all of her books. Both your little one and the necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, I just LOVE her nickname! How adorbs! And, no, I can see how saying no to that little face would be hard. Good job. Leave it alone. You'll only frustrate yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well first of all - could that picture of your little one with the necklace be ANY CUTER?!?!?!? I agree that it was hard to choose from so many wonderful books out there. I really love what you did with your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweet necklace on a little cutie - you'll be making many more of those methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your model is such a cutie. I loved Enid Blyton as a kid and this was one of my fave books... thanks for the happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Niki, Your little Mess Maker is adorable and the necklace you designed inspired by the book you are reading to her is so pretty and precious around her neck. Humm so many possibilities from The Wizard of Oz!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the second person to be inspired by that book! How wonderful, it sounds like a magical tale! Your necklace is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what a beauty! I have to say I'm so jealous she lets you so her hair. My girl runs around looking half electrified since 10 feet is too close for any brush or comb. I think youve got a lovely start to your daughter's future expansive jewel collection. Might I suggest some red Barbie shoes and glitter are in your future:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I am in love with your model! She is adorable! I like the idea of the gnarled roots of the tree. I think that you did a great job and it looks great on her. I can see that you could do all sorts of jewelry for her to wear based on her favorite books, and when you do the Oz jewelry I hope you will share! Thank you for playing with me in this Challenge! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your model is just adorable :) Love the pendant and I think it is perfect! Have fun creating a piece from the Wizard of Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pendant and your model is adorable. I could never say no to her either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3/6/12

    What a lovely pendant and a lovely mess maker!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3/6/12

    Snap, we picked the same book(s)! I love your little tree of life, and your gorgeous daughter sure looks happy with her new jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, I love it! Such a pretty tree (and a pretty princess). The book sounds wonderful! I may need to pick it up for my little girls to read at bedtime :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts