31.5.12

Challenge of Literature Blog Hop


I LOVE books, completely and utterly, it's a passion that I got from my Granddad who fuelled my addiction through out many years, so when I saw Erin of Treasures Found was hosting a Challenge of Literature I knew I wanted to give it a try!


The idea was to use a book to inspire us to create a piece of jewellery, Sounds easy right? Wrong! Soooo many books to choose from!

I decided to take what I thought would be the easy route and get inspiration from the book I have been reading most recently....


This is the book I have been reading mess maker every night at bedtime The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton (mess maker loves books as much as I do if not more and refures to her window ledge in her room as her library)! 

The story is about 3 children that move to the country side and find an enchanted tree in the middle of the woods, the tree has all sorts of magical folk living in it and its top most branches reach through the clouds to magical ever changing lands such as the land of treats, where they have all sorts of wonderful adventures and get into quite a bit of trouble!

Now I had such wonderful ideas for a necklace filled with charms of fairy's, owls, rabbits, leaves but as is more often then not the case I left it to late to realise this dream so had to think smaller scale and so I came up with this....


A tiny tree of life pendent for mess maker, This was a third attempt and I'm still not 100% happy with it (It would seem neat freaks are not very good at making old gnarly looking trees).


And it seems I have made a rod for my own back as now she has decided that she would also like a Dorothy from the wizard of oz necklace as well.


How can I say no to that smile?

I hope you will take a look at what everyone else came up with....

Erin Prais-Hintz
Rebecca Anderson
Rose Binoya
Lori Bowring Michaud
Shannon Chomanszuk
Marlene Cupo
Jenny Davies-Reazor
Kim Dworak
Beth Emery
Therese Frank
Amy Freeland
K Hutchinson
Jennifer Justman
Susan Kennedy
Linda Landig
Lisa Lodge
Lisa Lowe
Kirsi Luostarinen
Beth McCord
Melissa Meman
Sharon Misuraco
Tracey Nanstad
Melinda Orr
Kashmira Patel
Alice Peterson
Sally Russick
Niky Sayers
Pam Sears
Amy Severino
Tracy Stillman
Emma Todd
Melissa Trudinger
Lesley Watt
Shai Williams


Have a great day

xxx



Popular Posts