12.1.13

Focus on life: week 2 - your word

Hmmmmm my word well this one seems appropriate....


FINISH
(another unfinished project a beautiful 1940's type writter that I mean to clean up and fix)

I struggle to finish everything, from my coffee in the morning to the 10 or more projects I have on the go at one time, for example today I am sitting at my desk surrounded by things to package up and post off, I have 3 pairs of earrings all half made as well as at least 5 other jewellery items all started but no where near completion, I have started to make two new handmade books and have more bead caps sitting in the bathroom drying because I have just sealed them not to mention a half decorated bedroom. I have so many ideas that I want to do them all at once, and am so easily distracted its shocking so my word is Finish. I AM going to finish all my current projects before I start more and to help me.....


My latest make a book to keep all my ideas in so I don't feel the need to run off and start a million other projects.


Now if you will excuse me I am off to finnish a pair of earrings, paint a bedroom and then write a list of all the other part done projects that need seeing to.

Have a great day

Niky x

13 comments:

  1. Those pictures are wonderful. I also love your word. There must be something about beaders. I have so many unfinished projects laying around as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this photo and that typewriter ! *sigh*
    the book is lovely too :)
    a great word - i'm a fine starter, but...
    i'm no. 21 on the list btw :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL typewriter, and I love your journal! I have commented elsewhere - I can't make lists, and I have more "neer been used journals" than I care to admit! But so many ideas remain only as ideas because I do not write it down! Best of luck in completing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your word for the year, and your photos are just beautiful. I'm so jealous of that sweet vintage typewriter.

    I am just like you, easily distracted even when there are very important projects waiting to be finished. I can't seem to finish one task before moving on to the next, especially if it's something difficult or tedious.

    I like your idea of notating these projects in a journal. Then you can look back and see what you've accomplished along the way and maybe won't be so down on yourself should you slip up and miss a project (and you will). Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your word is perfect! I love your pictures you used to show us your word! Good luck with your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word for the year! I need to 'finish' a lot of projects around here too. So, let's finish them! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best therapy I have had recently is bailing water :-) WORKS for me :-) :-) lots of love x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it so difficult to finish one thing before starting another? I think finish is a fantastic word and you've inspired me to finish at least 1 thing before I start something else. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finish was on my short list! Great pictures. Love your take on this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your word is just perfect. I need to remember to finish most of the time to. However, it's your photo that really captures my attention. It's stunning. I adore the old typewriter and your word sitting there, striking on the otherwise blank page. The black and white is perfection. You blew this prompt out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are wonderful! I love your word, very powerful. I struggle with the same, you should see my desk. :) This will be a great journey, can't wait to see what you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great photo Niky! That typewriter is wonderful and so are the photos of the journal you made! It looks like you are hitting the ground running! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go Niky! That is a hard thing to do, to finish all that you started. I have that problem as well. I think for me I have to learn to say no. To not bite off more than I can chew. I hope that you can make this word a reality and feel so complete at the end of the year looking back on all that you have accomplished! I wish you joy in the journey in 2013. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts