19.1.13

Focus on life: week 3 - Take Time

Take time
I so thought this one was going to be alot easier then it was! Take some me time, OK well there was a  Stitch & Creative Craft Show that I wanted to go to on Friday, and now I HAD to go, it was just off the high street and during school time so if I timed it right I could feed the baby before I go then drop mess maker off at school on the way there, hopefully the walk would send the baby to sleep and I would have some guilt free me time, I had it all planed out then this happened.....


A midnight text Thursday informed me that the boys school would be closed due to snow, now ADHD and unexpected trips don't really mix but it would still be doable with promises of rewards for good behaviour, until another two texts informed me that both the girl and mess makers school would be closing early also so my day looked like this....


A snowy walk home from school. So time to rethink 'me time'. Hmm well the walk home and all the excitement of the snow sent the baby to sleep....


So after a long walk in the snow maybe I would get some me time and have a nice hot bubble bath, with the girl watching the sleeping baby, the boy playing his PlayStation, mess maker watching one of her princess films and the promise of going out to play in the snow if they are all well behaved for 20 minutes I took my me time photo....


and headed off to the bathroom for 20 mins of bubbly peace and quiet..... erm well in an ideal world maybe but in a house where 6 people (mostly children) live no, firstly there was next to no hot water so a luke warm bath it was until 5 minutes in when the baby decided to wake up screaming, hmmmm well I was not enjoying it anyway so off to calm the baby.
I did eventually get my nice hot bath an hour ago all that was missing was a good book (can't remember the last time I read a book) and a glass of wine (that will have to wait till the baby is no longer breast feeding), now I'm off for an Early night and hopefully (baby allowing) some much needed sleep, Where dose the time go?

Have a great day


12 comments:

  1. I hate when a well-made plan goes awry! Glad you at least had your bath time! I, too, need to pick up a good read! It has been Way.Too.Long. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to enjoy your plan sometime real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Your life is FULL! I can't believe you had time for the bath after all. Good for you for making it happen. Enjoy the fullness of these moments, time will come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, the intention was there...
    i gave up on long, relaxing baths a long time ago - with two teenagers there's never any hot water left :)
    wishing a more relaxing week this week...
    [no 13]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those days when my boys were little. It was pretty hard to find that "me" time, but now that they are older it certainly gets a little easier. Good for you for re-thinking your plan and adjusting!!

    (I'm #40 this week)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found some time even if it wasn't what you originally planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see where the time goes for you, bless your heart! I remember those days when my time was anything but my own and I only had 2 children, my hat is off to you! And it always seemed like the time you would have something planned for yourself, the whole thing would implode! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy moms like yourself are surely the ones who need a little extra Me time. I will bet you are the last one to get it. Believe me the time will come when you are wanting the kids back just to hear the familiar noise and commotion. They grow up so fast so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moms need a day or three to themselves after this full time job of raising a family. But that rarely happens. Such is the life with children. Enjoy them while you can because they do grow up too fast!! Two of mine are grown and ready to move away, and the third is now driving on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best laid plans! Moms need to schedule that time into their lives. I hope that you can have another go at it sometime real soon. Sounds like you totally deserve it! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned along time ago not to be too disappointed when plans didn't work out. Hopefully you will sneak in a relaxing bath soon. I like your pic. It looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best laid plans! I guess "me" time is hard to come by when you have four little ones depending on you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts