26.1.13

Focus on life: week 4 - Create Art

This weeks prompt from Sally was "Create Art", Oh so many ideas but where to begin? I loved art at school and was even going to study art in collage but never quiet got round to it, and that was such a long time ago, I really was not sure where to start, then I got an idea. I have always wanted to do an art journal and this prompt was my chance, so.....

I finally got round to it! I played around with some of my photos in picmonkey (see my lovely typewriter) and then printed it on to some Sticky back canvas and used it to cover some 1mm chip board, I then punched some holes in it and put in some eyelets, and some ribbon. It is however UNFINISHED, I decided not to sew this one as I want to be able to put paper in and out so decided to use binder rings to close it but after making it found out mine were too small so I have ordered more and am waiting for them to come, I also need to give it a coat of PVA or some thing to protect the covers from sticky little fingers (not necessarily mine), here is a view of the back.... 

My little squishy! Hopefully I will have lots of art to show you as I start to fill it up.

Have a great day x


Popular Posts