8.6.13

Focus on life - Wk 23 - Typography

Sally's prompt... "The power of the written or typed word can be more powerful the you thought!"


How true! I love to look at peoples handwriting, as much as I love typing (whats not to love about spell checker?) I will always prefer hand written notes and letters, there so much more personal and beautiful. So imagine my surprise when I brought these beautiful really old looking frames from the local charity shop....


(I really did not like the photos, but I thought the frames had a lot of potential)


So I opened them up to clean the glass....


and noticed the postmark, they were in fact post cards....


This beauty even had a lovely stamp, was post dated 28th October 1903, (how cool is that 110 years old), and do you see the Royal Crest? "Art publishers to their majesties The King and Queen"!

and this was on the back of one of the frames....


Here is how it looks now....


Now they take pride of place next to my typewriter (this had to be relocated to the bed room as I was also lucky enough to find an old deeds box in the same charity shop that has replaced the typewriter on my desk and is now being used as a tool box)!


I completely love them, and will treasure them for a long time to come!

Have a great day X


8 comments:

  1. I love the frames big and chunky. What a neat discovery too! I love this little space you've made as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely find! And they look wonderful in your typewriter corner ;)
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a find! 110 years old? I love that ... and totally jealous of that old typewriter! My dad had an old Royal when I was growing up. And before I could ask my mom for it ... she donated it calling it an old piece of junk. sigh. Loved that old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool to find a little bit of treasure on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful discovery!! I also love old handwriting. Handwriting was such an art back in the day. The postcards are true treasures. Love the way you displayed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an incredible find! Just love how you displayed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful discovery. I have a couple of old postcards too. Old stuff has so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful find - and so lovely that they are going to be treasured again. They look fabulous on the wall and I just love your vintage corner!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts