2.6.13

Love at first sight

I was wondering the web when I came across a tutorial for this....



And straight away I knew I had to give it a try, I love, love, love fancy/old looking keys and this was just screaming at me, and before I knew it, I had purchased the tutorial for this Crystal Key Pendent, never mind that I had completely ignored the fact that it says (very clearly) Level: Advanced and I have no experience with wire wrapping, I liked it that much I had to try!

Truth be told this tutorial is so very well written and has such lovely clear photos that my lack of experience did not matter one bit! Now I do feel I should tell you before I show you my attempt that anyone who has read my blog for a while can tell you I can't follow tutorials, I do try, I read the first few steps and then my mind starts saying oh add this... change this.... try this.... oh what about.... and I am so easily distracted that while I think I'm doing what I should be in fact I am listening to my wondering mind and changing little things here and there....  

And this is what I ended up with, I really love it, but I have an itch to make a few more as it is not quiet neat enough and then I think I would like to try all of Nicole's other tutorial (I was very impressed, can you tell?) Seriously if you have a few spare moments you need to check this ladies work out it is stunning!

And just to show you how much I love keys....


These are from our latest trip to London when we visited The V & A 


With so many beautiful thing there and I ended up with lots and lots of photos of keys....


This one was 3 foot long (almost as big as me)!


There were even a few photos of locks as well....


Oh so pretty (Some think I may need help).

Have a fab day!










1 comment:

  1. You did a great job! You have inspired me to suck it up and try a new technique today.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts