11.12.13

ABS Ornament Blog Hop

Today I am joining in with the ABS Ornament Blog Hop and here is what I made....
I sawed a reindeer shape from a sheet of brass and then soldered a hoop to his back, I gave him a light brushed finish but polished up the edges for a touch of sparkle and an old gold kinda feel! 

Of course I did not think the placement of the ring through thoroughly and my little deer is rather top heavy so when I wired him up on some beads he was head down bottom up (not the graceful looking leap that I was looking for), Lucky I managed to over come this issue with some snug fitting sari silk, add one of the most beautiful magical looking lampwork bead by Kerri Fhur and I was done!


In an ideal world I would have loved to have etched some sort of swirly snow flurry around his legs to better match with the bead but alas etching is not in my skills set as of yet!
He is currently hanging on my bead tree in the window waiting for snow!

Have a great day x









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts