22.4.14

P - Polishing

A - Z

Polishing

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Polishing is the process of creating a smooth and shiny surface by rubbing it or using a chemical action, leaving a surface with a significant specular reflection.

Metalworking


Other polishing processes include:

I tend to use my tumbler for polishing if I can, it is great for things like jump rings and chainmail but not so good for things with delicate part ie soft stones and bumpy lampwork.


Here are some jump ring pre and post tumbling, can you tell which is which?


And here is my beloved tumbler, my most expensive and most used tool!

This is one of my custom orders all polished up, A coin locket with a garnet (birth stone for January) this one I had to use a dremel type machine to polish because the coins get a mottled effect on them if you tumble them!

Have a great day x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts