30.3.17

March COM

March Theme Challenge Reveal-Amulet Bags

Our theme for the March challenge was chosen by the wonderful Cathy Spivey Mendola and was Amulet bags. Now I have never thought much about amulet bags and have throughly enjoyed finding out about them but, oh my the possibilities and where to start?
First stop Pinterest where I found this amazing tutorial to make a leather bag for a doll....


Now it's very much a work in progress, I'm thinking about mounting a set stone on the front where the tiny safety pin is and a few ceramic feathers in the fringe maybe?


Or possibly just a hoop through the flap so the safety pin can be used as a faster?


My next idea was a small leather pouch but the shape is not quiet right and the draw string holes were punched much too high up for my liking, so I will have to try this idea again!


But I do really like the headpin mounted in the leather. 


This next one is a cute little draw string bag I made from a wonderful tutorial I found on Youtube, which was made to hold my new Runes!


It has a draw string closure (with some lovely sparkly ribbon) and a wonderful silver set square coin attached to the ribbon, to make it a little more me!


This next one is my favourite, made from lots of old 'stuff' I had stuffed in my draws....


Also still a work in progress.... the old piece of metal on the flap needs a couple more rivets, there needs to be some purple silk or some kind of stunning fibbers hanging form the old buckle with the leather and oh the chain I am going to make to hang it off, think amethyst and jasper and lots of metal!!! 
I also have three other bags cut out and waiting to be sewn up, one thing I have found is that hand sewing leather is very hard work and even with the help of a leather punch, pliers are a must!


Thank you so much Cathy for such an inspiring Challenge, now I hope you will join me and see what every one else created....
Guests
AE Members


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts