10.3.12

Boobs and bracelets

Hello wonderful people out there, I though I would pop by and show some pics of what I have been making.

I got asked to make another boobs birthday cake, but the gent that this one was for did not like royal icing so I had to use butter icing instead....


I found out I don't like butter icing its impossible to get a nice smooth finish and really hard to colour, the bra was supposed to be bright blue but it took a whole pot of food colouring just to get this pale colour, just as well kids wont be eating it as they would get mega hyper!

I have also been working on a few plain chainmaille bracelets to really show off the beautiful clasps from Daisy Chain Extra (I LOVE these clasps they are the perfect finishing touch). This is the only one I have finished so far....


Now I just need the pile of washing up to do it's self and the energy to finish the others!

Have a great weekend what ever you are up to
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Niky, your boob cake is fantastic,I have seen others and this is one of the best. I love butter icing for cupcakes, but I have never decorated a cake with it. Love the bracelet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky...the boob cake certainly caught my eye as I was scanning through my blog list! The bracelet is gorgeous and I agree about the clasp, is it sterling silver?

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Just wanted you to know I am about to post :-) But want you to let me know your okay :-) AH, wow, look at that.................... :-)x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bracelet is beautiful, but this bOObie cake is FANTASTIC!!! i love it!!! i have 2 pots with lids that look just like boobs. i saw them in a store sitting side by side, looking like boobs, sold separately. i had to have them. my family hates them so i keep the boobie pots filled with candy to win them over. every time my daughter has friends over, she hides them.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts