15.5.13

A Time To Stich 3


Today is the reveal day for A Time To Stitch 3, Hosted by Therese Frank and Christine Altmiller. Now I should start by saying I am by no means a seed beader, I have played a little with partially beaded cuffs and tried quiet simple beaded beads but have always wanted to try real seed beading but have not known where to start, and this was a perfect place to start so huge thanks to our fab hosts!

Unfortunatly I did not manage to finnish any of my projects (I'm blaming the so nice I could not stay indoors weather we have had lately and the now walking around holding on to things and causing trouble baby), but I have learnt a lot. I thought I would start off with the sounds simple brick stitch....

These will eventually become a pair of earrings (hopefully by the end of the week) then before finishing off the second one like most people would, my short attention span picked up this....


I have had this one half done for ages but it just did not look quiet right so I started to brick stick the edge and finally it has started to look like what I imagined, but again attention span of a toddler and feeling alot braver I decided to start a Cellini Spiral, now this is the stitch I really wanted to try, it looks amazing and here is my attempt....

Well it's really about my fourth attempt and its still not right, I finally got the hang of the stitch but think I must have used the wrong size beads as there is not much of a dip to my spiral, any who feeling that I had not meet the challenge I decided that I would give Russian Spiral a go as it looked alot easier, and it was....

But half way through I decided I did not like the colours and moved on to the next thing!!!

I have learnt tons doing this challenge and have so much admiration for the people that have attention spans long enough to work with seed beads, it seriously takes sooooooo much time and patience, and I will master Cellini Spiral even if it takes forever (which with my attention span it may well do).

Have a great day and please check out what every one else has made....









Popular Posts