1.6.13

The History Hop Reveal

Today I am joining Leah Curtis of Beady Eyed Bunny for her History Hop. I choose to do the Roman era, as I love all things Roman from the beautiful shapes of their glass vases to the stunning seal rings.
I was lucky enough to visit the Roman Baths in Bath a few years ago and this week I also came across this in the Albert and Victoria Museum in London, I think it is Roman tho I did not get much time for standing and reading as we had all the kiddys (half term)....


Now as much as I would love to be able to make a beautiful silver cuff with this image going around it my skills do not quiet stretch that far yet, So I used this for inspiration instead....


Lots of lovely Roman glass, I love the iridescence of Roman glass. Now my design is not finished but I thought I would show it any way....


I quiet literally used roman glass as my inspiration as that is what my focal is, the colours are so beautiful but so hard to photograph, I also used a selection of Roman beads including these lovely lapis lazuli swirls....


Now it is no where near finished but I am hoping it will be by the end of the week, and who knows it may well look completely different, Thank you Leah for the inspiration.

Have a great day




12 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/6/13

    How fantastic to be able to use real Roman beads to create this beautiful necklace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely! I love Roman glass--how cool that you were able to use some in your design! The colors are gorgeous, too. I'm excited to see this piece when it's finished! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those twisty blue beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto the above three comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your frustration with the limits of photography. I never can take a good picture of shiny glass or stones.

    Looks like such a great start, I can't wait to see how it ends up! How great to have real roman glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm jealous! The Roman glass is beautiful. The colour is lovely and intense, and I like the metal you've paired it with. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From one 'not-quite-quite-finished' to another, I do love what you've made so far and can't wait to see how it turns out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! I really adore the dark blue colour in the swirled beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design! I love so much the colour you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to... after such a great start :-) we can admire some stunning colours already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3/6/13

    A gorgeous start, you'll have to post the finished piece at some point! I love the Roman glass, amazing that something as fragile as glass is still around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue glass and the lapis are awesome. Perfect matcht for the bright silver.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts