23.2.14

Mojo Challenge Week 1: Challenges & Contests

It's no secret that I do love a good challenge, I find that if I have a deadline to meet then I get things done rather then yeah I'll make that one day when I have 5 minutes (4 children means 5 minutes to myself are few and far between). 
The Wonderful Heather Powers of Humble Beads has come up with a fab one....


Your Assignment: 
Pick a contest or challenge, make something or start something! Blog about it or share your entry on the Facebook group.

So you may well know that I am taking part in The Year Of Jewelry Project well this weeks theme was - Lockets and Boxes. 
Now this theme had me stumped! I'm a self taught, kitchen table kinda jewellery maker that really has no idea how to construct a locket or box, but then I remembered a fantastic tutorial in Beads and Beyond Magazine by the Amazing Joanne Tinley oh it was stunning, two domed silver discs with a bezel set stone in the middle, but try as I might I could not find the magazine (I think in a moment of weakness my other half may have talked me into getting rid of some). So with a very vague idea of how to go about it I came up with this....

A sixpence locket (I have a bit of a thing for coins, can you tell)?

Now I can't bezel set a stone inside a dome for love nor money, I have tried and it was very fiddly and rather messy so instead I thought I would give prong setting a try....

I quiet like it, it makes a lovely jingling sound when it is worn and I had a request from mess maker for one of these but with an emerald (her birth stone) inside!!!

I hope you are having a fantastic day x


1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I really like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the good works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.
    It's time to complete our wishes. so check and take the Commercial Title Loans for emergency funds and ready to enjoy our lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts