31.3.14

AJE March Component of the month reveal


Today I am joining in with the Art Jewelery Element Component of the month, I was lucky enough to win one of these beauties by Caroline Dewison of Blue Berri Beads....


In my haste to put my name forward I did not take much notice of the colours, purple, brown and grey I can work with all of those, so you can imagine my surprise when my Luna moth came through my door, I opened it up and inside, Wow..... It was the most beautiful treasure ever, and it was gold! Shiny and stunning and gold! I cannot tell you how amazing this piece is it looks, like it has been recovered from a treasure chest on a royal sunken ship, yes it really is that lovely! I guess I better show you....


See! I decided that as it looked like an ancient treasure, I wanted to make an ancient looking Viking knit chain for it. Not a problem that I have never made a Viking knit any thing (I can't even knit) or that I don't have the right tools, thats fine I will improvise! A wooden spoon and various small holed items later and here it is....

I love it, I have even used my most treasured lampwork beads by Kerri Fuhr, that I may have been hoarding! 



Now these photos are not great (I have a new camera that I don't know how to work yet) so my oldest kindly offered to model it for me....




Which I though was a lovely offer, right up until she claimed that we could "share" this one as it goes so nicely with her top! Ha, I think not child, my beads!




I think in future I will stick to using my wooden neck for modelling, not as glam but that way I don't have to "share" my precious!!


I would like to say a huge thank you to Caroline for making these beautiful pieces I have loved working with mine and have now learnt a new skill! Please take a few minuets to check out what everyone else has made I know I can't wait to see!!!

Have a great day! x





Guest Artist

The AJE Team
Caroline Dewison – http://www.blueberribeads.co.uk 
Jenny Davies-Reazor - http://www.jdaviesreazor.com/blog
Rebekah Payne - www.treewingsstudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts