20.10.14

The Big Bead Show

Saturday was the Bi-annual Big Bead Show in Sandown Race course, I love the Big Bead Show and what makes it even better is that it is walking distance from my home!
This year I was actually organised enough to enter into the British Bead Awards which is displayed during the show and incredibly surprised to receive an email telling me that I had got to the finals! This was my entry into the chainmaille and wire work section....


It's a simple 4 in 1 chainmaile design but what makes it a bit different is that I have used a painted sixpence coin clasp and Kyanite threepence coin connector from my Bits of NikNats shop. Here is the back of the piece....


I soldered the links onto the back of the three pence coin so that the chianmaille would sit flat and look seamless. Now unfortunately I did not place in the competition, but after seeing the entry's this year I was not in the least bit surprised, the work there was TOTALLY AMAZING! I was just truly honoured to have a piece of my work sitting upon the table amongst such stunning pieces of art work, most of which must have taken months of planing and just as long to actually make!!!!
I had such a lovely day and really wish I had taken photos but I was just in total awe of all the beautiful sparkles! I came away with a few treasures too....


My absolute favourite stall at the bead show is Designer Cabochons, I totally love every item on there stand and you can really see the quality and skill that go into each piece, this beauty is a Drusy Pyrite Ammonite, it sparkles! As dose my other piece.... 


So sparkly, Titanium Druzy and I also got these beautiful lampwork beads by Sarah Downton.


This colour glass has to be my all time favourite it is just so mystical/magical looking!

I hope you are having a fab Monday x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts