9.4.11

a-Z Blog Challenge part G

G
is for....
Ghost
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In traditional belief, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely: The mode of manifestation can range from an invisible presence to translucent or wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. The deliberate attempt to contact the spirit of a deceased person is known as necromancy, or in spiritism as a séance.

OK I don't believe in ghosts but do love Halloween (I love dressing up and making costumes) and here is one I made a couple of years ago....

The Corpse Bride by Tim Burton
You will have to excuse the photos, there not great but you get the idea!


I brought a two piece wedding dress from Ebay and then cut the hem into zigzags, Died the edges with the help of a can of spray paint (clothes die) then hand painted the outer edges with a dark blue fabric paint and hand sewed swirling sequins all around the bottom


the bone arm was made from a black sleeve sewn to a black glove and then bones painted on in glow in the dark paint. With matching paper machy ribs on the top.


 My veil was made from a net curtain, a metal coat hanger, more die and even more sequins and finished off with some black roses! The wig was the only thing I brought ready made (ebay again) and I had sooooo much fun with the face painting!

So here's Etsy's take on ghosts....



I better go wash off the face paint, hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
xxx




4 comments:

  1. Fantastic, you are creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't think they exist. However, having said that if they did exist you made an attractive ghost.


    Gregg Metcalf
    Colossians 1:28-29

    Gospel-driven Disciples

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! If I had to make a ghost costume I would take a sheet a make two holes for the eyes ;) I am really lazy for this things.
    Your ghost costume is beautiful, although I don't like ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool costume....you may not believe in ghosts until something really strange happens that can't be explained. I do believe. Wink Wink, Nan

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts