2.4.14

B - Bracelet

A - Z



Bracelet

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bracelet is an article of jewelry that is worn around the wrist.

Origin
The origin of the term 'bracelet' is from the Greek 'brachile' meaning 'of the arm', via the Old French 'barcel'. A bracelet is also a small brace or bracer (an arm-guard used by archers).

Cultural significance
The history of Egyptian bracelets is as old as 5000 BCE. Starting with materials like bones, stones and woods to serve religious and spiritual interests. From the National Geographic Society, the Scarab Bracelet is one of the most recognized symbols of ancient Egypt. The scarab represented rebirth and regeneration. Carved scarabs were worn as jewelry and wrapped into the linen bandages of mummies. Myth told of the scarab god, Khepri, pushing the sun across the sky.

Today I thought I would show you what goes into making a bracelet....


(I use knitting needles for my mandrels because they are easy to get hold of and come in so many sizes)

When I posted this on facebook someone asked what I meant by tumble, It just means to put them into a machine, which consists of a barrel with steal shot in it. I then seal it up and place on a machine that rotates/tumbles the barrel. This work hardens the rings and makes it all shiny.


The rings must be closed properly or they will snag on things and possibly even scratch the wearer.



This one is a special order charm bracelet for a little girl, I just need to add the first charm!

Have a great day x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts