8.4.14

G - Granulation

A - Z

Granulation (jewellery)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Granulation is a jewellery manufacturing technique whereby a surface is covered in spherules or granules of precious metal. The technique is thought to have its origins in Sumer about 5,000 years ago. In the first millennium B.C. the technique was used by Etruscans living in present-day Italy. Greek craftsmen also employed the technique, but it was the work coming from Etruria which became famous, in part due to the mysteries surrounding the process. 

So with no experience of this what so ever I decide to give it a go any way....


I enjoyed making the little balls although a few just rolled right off my charcoal block, I did not how ever enjoy trying to get them in place or trying to solder them, they were going every where. I think this technique requires a lot more patients then I possess!

Have an amazing day lovely people x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts