25.11.14

Art Charm Swap 2014


Welcome to the Art Charm Exchange Big Revel and Charity Auction. I have had so very much fun during this wonderful exchange, it has been fantastic and I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the Amazing Jennifer Cameron for doing all the hard work!


So our theme for this swap was "SOAR" which makes me think instantly of Eagles high over mountains. I tried to think of other ideas that were less obvious, feelings and emotions that the word  soar evoked but I kept coming back to birds, so I decided to just go with it!
I had a vague idea of the type of charm I wanted to make, Something involving my current obsession for coins, but I had to find the right coin....


Which lead me to this beauty, This coin was PERFECT for what I had decided to do (just look at the wonderfully soaring bird), but things were going way too smoothly! When I tried to purchase 22 plus a few extra coins incase of mishaps (which are surprisingly common) it turns out I had fallen for a rare and hard to get hold of coin (well hard to get hold of that many), so on to plan B, use a different coin.... 


Much easier to get hold of, a much smaller bird but still with the ability to soar I turned to my much loved old farthings, after doming, sanding and filing on to the hard part....


Making tiny silver bezels for the little treasures (these are 4x6mm tiny) and lots of jump rings


Then comes my favorite parts, lots of soldering, cleaning, setting, polishing and then there you have it, my charm....


All over half a century old, re purposed farthing coins....



Little coin treasure charms

With lovely little jewels hidden inside....



4x6mm pink rhodolite garnet

and beautiful 4x6mm iolite


See you don't have to be an eagle to soar, even the little wren is full of the potential to do great things!

I recived many beautiful charms but you will have to wait a couple of days to see what I got, but as I know you are diying to see all the other amazing charms that these fantastic artisans have made here are the links....



2014 Art Charm Exchange Participants

Niky Sayers



THE IMPORTANT PART.... if you see a charm that you would like the extras that these wonderfully talented artists have made are being auctioned off on ebay with the proceeds going to an amazingly deserving cause Beads Of Courage who do such wonderful work with sick children, so please take a moment to check out the auctions!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts