30.7.17

Component of the Month Reveal – July

It's time for the Art Elements July COM reveal and this months amazing design was created by the fab Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads and were these beyond beautiful scarab beads....


This is the beautiful bead I received and I could not wait to get started. 


I had just purchased a new wire tutorial from Lisa Barth for a celtic knot bail and I thought that the lines of the wire would complement the lines in the bead so I made up this piece (please excuse the ribbon I was thinking a beautiful hand dyed ribbon with turquoise and light brown with lots of loose edges would look beautiful but I just did not have any)....


But it just did not work for me (I think I need to practice making the knot a few more times so it is neater or try making it with three wires or thicker wires or something) the feather is a beautiful creation of Laura Mears, but I decided to rip it apart and try again....


This time I used two Egyptian Digg beads and lots of chain mail 


But still it dose not feel finished, I'm thinking it needs a little something else. Maybe a rustic chunky spacer in-between the scarab and the Egyptian beads? and I don't like the way the bead moves despite me trying to tighten it as much as possible so I will work on trying to stop that too!


So mine is very much a work in progress but I can't wait to see what everyone else has created.
Thank you so much Sue for the amazing bead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts