11.4.14

J - Jewellery

A - Z

Jewellery

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jewellery or jewelry is small decorative items worn for personal adornment, such as broochesringsnecklacesearrings, and bracelets. Jewellery may be attached to the body or the clothes, and the term is restricted to durable ornaments, excluding flowers for example. For many centuries metal, often combined with gemstones, has been the normal material for jewellery, but other materials such as shells and other plant materials may be used. It is one of the oldest type of archaeological artefact – with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery. The basic forms of jewellery vary between cultures but are often extremely long-lived; in Western cultures the most common forms of jewellery listed above have persisted since ancient times, while other forms such as adornments for the nose or ankle, important in other cultues, are much less common.

These is so very much I could say about jewellery, from how much I love Roman designs and carved gems to my most favorite designed of all times ever, Rene Lalique. But instead of ratling on forever I just though I would tell you how i got into jewellery making and then show you some pretty pics....

I gave up my job as a supervisor in a pharmacy to raise my daughter full time in 2010. I soon found that I then needed a hobby something that was not baby centered and that would keep me busy at nap times and in the evenings, I have always loved making things and while browsing the net I stumbled across a blog called how to jewellery, I fell in love with some of the designs, and from then on I was hooked! I then found more stunning blogs and amazing designers and decided to start my own blog as a way of documenting my makes and conecting with other creatives, so here I am four years later still enjoying making jewellery and still learning.

Yesterday I got my package back from the Assay office so I thought I would share some of my new pieces....


Titanium Druzy necklace set in sterling silver, with a sparkly chain.



Moogin lampwork cab (my favorite artist for lampwork cabs) set to form a clasp, byzantine bracelet.

Lampwork murrini headpin by the amazing Jen Cameron of Glass Addictions (I completly LOVE these) set in a sterling silver ring.

Have a fab day wonderful people x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts