24.1.15

Swap N Hop info

Hello wonderful people and welcome to my post for the Swap and Hop just sharing a little info on moi....

1. Why or how did you get started making jewelry?

I started making jewellery about 5 years ago when I left work to look after my youngest daughter. I was looking for a hobby and stumbled across a how to make jewellery blog then I discovered lampwork beads and metal clay and I was hooked!


(most recent make)

2. What style(s) of jewelry do you like to make?


I don't think I have a style, A lot of what I make is inspired by the art bead or the focal that I am working with and alot of the time I just see where that takes me, some times the end result is rather surprising!


3. What materials do you prefer to use (and which ones do you avoid)?


I am an utter Art Bead junky who is ever so slightly completely addicted to lampwork beads and more recently cabochon stones, I have a wonderful small but growing collection of boulder opals, labradorites and druzys, I love the colour flashes and how magical they look!
I also have a slight addiction to old coins, keys, locks, roman glass and other such bits that non-creative's call junk, I love old things with a story!




4. What techniques do you prefer (and are there any you don't like)?


I like to work with metal, be it wire or sheet, I know a few basic metal smithing techniques, am self taught so nothing too technical, but I do love learning and trying new things!




5. What colours do you use most, and which do you run screaming from?


I am a sucker for blues and greens, I love pastel colours or more gemmy colours but show me orange, yellows and reds and I am completely at a loss as to what to do with them!

Have a wonderful day x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts