10.6.11

Playing with Polymer....

I have not braved any skiner blends or canes yet, I'm still trying to work out colour blends, sanding and fisishes at the moment and will need a much better range of colors (ebay here I come), But oh my the pasta roller makes it alot easier and is strangly relaxing???

I tried a Fimo gloss varnish on a few test pieces and did not really like the finish, I was expecting a high shine gloss but did not get that, I read a tip about buffing on denim and that gave a really good shine, I've ordered some 2000 grit sand paper and some renaissance wax polish hopfully that will get the finish I'm looking for???
 
This is my favorite one, I love the stripes!

Smile your wonderful!

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/6/11

    I love the colors, texture, and sparkle! Really beautiful.

    courtney of beads by breul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered a CA glue finish? It's hard to master but I am pretty sure it would do the trick.

    I love the beads, the are goregeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are looking great!
    I can´t wait to see what jewellery pieces you make with them.

    I've been meaning to give them a go for along time now, but I think that they will have to wait a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice effects, not tried varnish on polymer yet so can't help there. Looking good though ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Niky! these are very well made! i love what you injected into the clay. beautiful! if you want a really shiny finish ... do try something called Future floor finish. have you heard of PC artists using this as varnish? it can be found in the household dept of your supermarket. in my place it's carried by the brand "pledge" ... but i know elsewhere it's under "future" ... dont use a brush, just dab with cotton tips cos it's like water.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts