29.11.18

November Theme challenge - Star

As always I can't believe how quickly the month goes! Novembers Art Elements Blog hop was hosted by the amazing Laney Mead and should have been an easy one, there is so much you can do with the theme stars but this month I struggled!
and as always I left everything to the last minute (hence the bad photos, there is NO day light at the moment, none! So these are indoor in poor lighting photos....)



To get myself started I went through my trust bead stash and found this lovely polymer star by Staci Louise Smith, I then riveted a lamp work head pin by our own amazing Jen Cameron through the hole and onto a star shaped backplate cut from copper and made a prong setting for a old shop token, I finished the hanging section with a stunning blue glittery lamp work headpin. I am still working on the necklace part of this one!


This next piece was supposed to be a charm for a bracelet, made from my silver (and even a little gold here) scrap box but I decided that I liked it as a small charm necklace, but it needs a silver chain.  

and lastly I made a pair of earrings, the stars here are actually fossil star crinoid that I pressed into polymer, baked and then moulded from silver metal clay, I then soldered little hoops on the back and made a pair of gold bead caps from scraps of gold and put it all together on a pair of by Earthshine Glass headpins.


 I really rather like these but oh my they are very hard to photo....


Thank you Laney for a great challenge and I do hope you will join me seeing what everyone else has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts